Friday, April 28, 2006

Oh Ali, where are you?

I have a good friend, we'll call him Seth, one day he married a girl from another country (Let's call her Ali) Canada to be exact - Edmonton to be even more specific. I spoke with her last night before the Wings - Oilers game, and she was gloating a bit because her Oilers were up 2-1 in teh series. I told her that the Wings would win the game by at least two goal, she predicated the Oilers would would win a by slim 1 goal margin.

The Oilers scored first and not a minute later the phone rings, it's Ali calling to gloat. I told her it was still early, and I still held by my two goal prediction. As teh period rolled along the Wings scored a goal to tie it up. I held off my phone call, because it was just a tie game and I wanted to wait for the Wings to take teh lead before I call. A few minutes later the Wings sore again and I get on teh phone and make teh call. It rings and rings and rings until the answering machine picks up.

What happened to you guys, did you leave home and go out instead of going out, or perhaps did your phone stop working??? Final score Wings 4 Oilers 2. The 2 goal victory I predicted.

Since I'm doing so well with predictions here's another one: The Wings will win the next two games. The Oilers blew their best chance at taking the series. The Wings have been playing much better, and finally started getting production from their top players.

5 Comments:

At 11:00 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

This is my prediction as well. I suspect Ali knew you were calling to gloat and ignored the phone. Those Canadians are such bad losers. Look at McTavish. He's still complaining about the "bad" officiating today when he said numerous times he wasn't going to talk about it anymore. I suspect that will be just one more distracting factor for the Oilers. Wings in 6!
-OC

 
At 12:34 AM, Blogger Seth said...

Yeah, it wasn't the best day for Detroit sports. Not so happy about the Wings' collapse today, nor the Pistons'. By the way, when the Wings scored their two goals, was it at the end of the game after pulling the goalie, or were they good ones? If the latter, then at least they came alive a little late. That should give us hope. If they were scored 6 on 5, we're in a little bit of trouble. I'm not even going to comment on the Pistons.

Hey, at least the Lions picked up Linebacker Ernie Sims! Wait, who? Didn't we just dump Joey Harrington? Don't we need a quarterback? Weren't both Matt Leinart and Jay Cutler still on the block? What the crap were they thinking???? Why does Matt Millen have a freaking job????????

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

seth, the first Wings' goal was scored by Shanny in the last minute and a half of the second. I thought that would mean something positive, but they couldn't get their power play going in the 3rd. The 2nd goal was scored by Zetterberg with 21.5 seconds left in the 3rd, with Manny out of the net. Lidstrom almost tied it with 7 seconds left, but Harcoff blocked the shot. It was very dissapointing. You know, I don't get something. Back in '97, Ozzie played most of the season, but Scotty decided to put the veteran Vernon in for the playoffs. It was a brilliant move. Babcock has always said that Bowman is his mentor. Why not follow his mentor's move and put Osgood in for the playoffs? OK, Ozzie got injured in practice, but Mike hasn't even hinted one bit about Manny's poor play. This was my worst fear coming into the playoffs. Manny just doesn't seem to have the chops for playoff hockey. Time to give Jimmy Howard a try?

Matt Millen should fire himself. He's such a freakin' moron!!
-OC

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

You can't toss Jimmy Howard in, he barelyhas any regular season experience let alone playoff. Manny has played lousy, and has said as much. Hopefully they can steal the next ione in Edmonton and anything can happen in game 7 at the Joe

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

No, I totally agree with you. But, if I was Babcock, and I was actually thinking this before the playoffs started, I would pull a Scotty and put the veteran in. That, of course, would only be valid as long as Ozzie's not hurt. If the Wings can pull this series out in 7, I think Mike should seriously consider putting in Ozzie for the next series.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home