Thursday, March 02, 2006

We went to Milk n' Honey...

No not the land of, but the restaurant at the JCC.

Nat and I decided to go on a date and this was really the only choice for a nice restaurant. No offense to Jerusalem Pizza, but this place has waiters and they constantly fill your cup with water. This was my first time going down there for dinner, and as soon as I saw the menu I realized why I had never gone there.
There wasn't one thing on the menu that I wanted to eat. I'm not a fish person and that made up 95 percent of the menu. They had some fettuccine Alfredo but it had a weird sauce, we asked if they could use a regular sauce, which they happily did. I do have to give them props for their french fries and bread, and the service.

Here is where Nat and I differ, she enjoyed going to a nice restaurant, where the waiters constantly come and disturb us to ask if we are having a nice time. I found it annoying, every five minutes someone would stop on by and see how we are, if the food is good, and what else could they do for us. I do like that they filled up my cup every time I take a sip.

As terrible as it sounds, it was great to go out with Nat and leave Jonah at home with the greatest babysitter in the world. (shout out to shev) and now worry about someone tossing food across the table, and all that fun stuff that comes with Jonah.

4 Comments:

At 8:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, Shauli, I gotta hand it to you. You have a funky blog. You actually post stuff in it and such. Cool.

And I completely agree on the "sometimes-you-gotta-leave-the-baby-at-home" point. While Reuven's more fun than a roomfull of ferrets, sometimes its nice to have an calm, enjoyable meal without toy trucks digging in your salad.

 
At 8:18 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

Thank you Eliezer...and welcome to my world

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I don't know if it's changed, this is the first time I was there for a dinner. I had brunch there once a few months ago.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger DonutsMom said...

Date Night Rocks!!!
Thank you, dear husband.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home