Friday, February 24, 2006

Pets

For the longest time Nat has wanted a pet, as long as it isn't a fish, it doesn't seem to matter, just another living thing in the house. First it was a dog, which is fine by mean probably the leading candidate to move into our house. Then she wanted a guinea pig, or a chinchilla. Before we got married she had expressed interest in an iguana, wanted to put a leash on it and go for a walk

Yesterday was something I never expected to hear from her. She was at Petco, and got into a conversation with someone who worked there, and asked her what kind of pet would do good with a toddler in the house.

The girl told her to buy a rat, that's a right a rat, claimed it was housebroken and trainable, and it could sit on your shoulder!!! Well I had to put my foot down and say no rats in the house. I mean if we found a rat odds are Nat would have wanted me to exterminate it so why on earth would I want to actually get one as a pet.

3 Comments:

At 9:06 AM, Blogger O's fan said...

Shu, I agree with you. Stick with getting a dog. Petco probably had a rat infestation and felt they could make some money off of it.

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

I had a pet rat when i was a kid. A hooded rat to be specific, that meant its eyes didn't gleam red and it was black and white and was a cute pet. Also it kept mice away, because mice can smell when you have other animals in the house.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

But you grew up in a third world country, So I'm sure Rats were common :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home