Friday, November 11, 2005

Meetings

The past few work days have been among my most productive and promising lately. I met with three interested clients yesterday and I have another meeting next week.

As I went to sleep the a few nights ago, I was thinking about the upcoming meeting I was going to have and it hit me, I had no clue what I was doing. Well, I knew what I was doing in theory, I was going to convince these people to advertise on the school bus. While I work in sales, sales people have always bothered me. I'm not an idiot, if I need it or it will work for me, then I'll get it. So I felt that I should walk in to the meeting, tell him what we do, and the guy will understand if its a worthwhile opportunity for him.

So I get to my meeting, and in two of the three the client tells me his concerns, and instead of saying, you're right that makes sense, I told him he was wrong (nicely of course) and I anticipate hearing from them shortly that they will sign on with our company. The third meeting was more to my liking. The guy just wanted a quick overview, he understood its value and will get back to me on Monday as to what his company plans on doing.

My next meeting should be interesting, It's with an ad agency, The guy already has all the information he will need, so I'm not quite sure what we will be talking about, Probably the amount of students who ride the us and the final costs. I'm pretty confident that it will go well, The guy has the info he looked it over, and he stills wants the meeting. Or I guess he can be bored and needed something interesting so he invited me down. But I doubt it, I am confident that the meeting will go well.

Maybe I'll bring him donuts or something so that he likes me and spends his clients money on a worthy investment

3 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bring chocolate business cards. I'm not just pushing the idea because it's Lesley's business. They get great feedback as icebreakers.

 
At 10:06 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

interesting idea

 
At 10:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just take an idea from dad and meet the guy @ dunkin donuts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home