Friday, November 25, 2005

I almost became what I mock

Black Friday...Busiest shopping day of the year..Logic says stay away from the malls.

Never before have I even thought about getting up at to be at a store at 5 AM, but for some reason this year was different. We saw a list of Te sales at Best Buy of the sales, and They had something that we wanted. I was talking with a friend, we'll call him daniel, and he said he would go up with me. We would be in touch around 4:30 in the morning.

I get up at the appointed time, and see that I received a text message from Daniel at 2:15 saying he wasn't going to go. I was already up and dressed, so I went. There was no traffic, kinda peaceful driving on the empty peaceful roads.

I was thinking hoe crowded could it possibly be? There are so many stores all opening at the same time, all with the same sales, I figured there would 30-40 people, and they probably didn't need the same crap I needed.

I pull into the parking find a spot, the line doesn't look too bad, its pretty cold and still 20 mins till the store opens. As i walk closer to the store I see that the line doesn't end, and instantly I regret my decision.

i call my friend in Pittsburgh we'll call him Zip. Zip is a huge fan of the sale, he called at about 12:30 in the morning to tell me that he had just gotten to the store and was 14th on line. I called up Zip and asked him if he could get me what I needed, he said sure, and so I got back in my car, and drove home. Got back in bed by 5:00 and went back to sleep.

You may be wondering why I didn't ask Zip to get the stuff the night before, that thought did cross my mind, but I didn't think I could get in touch with him, and would have felt bad not showing up.

3 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

What exactly were you looking to buy that it was worth getting up that early?
-OC

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

wow, you've turned over a new leaf

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger stillruleall said...

i agree with sim. You're not exactly gay, but you're very close.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home