Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Yay me

I would like to offer congratulation to myself for winning my first super Bowl in Madden '06. This was the 4th season of my franchise, playing with a second year QB, and a team that missed the playoffs last season. Ironically, I missed the playoffs because I lost the Indy Colts on the final game of the season, and I played the Colts in the Super Bowl.

Things didn't start out good for the Leo's. I threw two first half INT'S one returned for a TD and the other inside my own 20, but the defense was able to hold of the Colts offense to a field goal. I did manage a TD before the half, and the team went into the Locker room down 17-7.

I received the ball at the start of the second half and drove my team down to the 15 yard line but had to settle for a field goal (17-10). The colts took the ball and drove through my Defense like it was practice squad. With the ball inside the red zone, I was having the dreaded thought that i would have to wait another season to taste victory in the big dance.

Then came the turning point, Peyton Manning tossed a what should have been a harmless screen pass, but it hit Edgerrin James in the back, FUMBLE, James Hall picked up the ball and rumbled stumbled for 6o yards, and breathed life back into the Lions.

Using the short field Ralph Ford (My second year QB) drove the Lions into the end zone, tying the game with just over 3:00 minutes left. It was time for the Defense, ranked number 1 the past two seasons to make a stand. It didn't start out well, Twice the Colts converted third and long. Would three times be a charm? (Obviously not, as I mentioned earlier I won the game) 3rd and 14, I used both safeties to double team the WR and dropped the Linebackers into coverage.

Manning dropped back, and as he had all game, he had great protection. But their was nowhere to toss the ball. Big Baby Shaun Rogers finally broke through the the O Line and sacked Manning forcing the Colts to punt the ball with 1:58.

Now it was time for the Ford to prove he deserved his Pro Bowl selection and drive this offense. He too converted some clutch third downs (for the game I believe i was 10/14, and with just 2 seconds left Jason Hanson kicked a 30 yard field goal to finally after all his years as a Lion win the big game.

James Hall was named MVP for his recovered fumble, a sack and a bunch of tackles.

If only real life followed Madden life, the Lions game tommorow may be exciting..HAPPY THANKSGOVING TO ALL

2 Comments:

At 11:04 AM, Blogger DonutsMom said...

I don't know HOW you remember all that!!
Congrats Shu. I am glad all those hours of playing X-box amounted to something.
:)

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

It's a gift hon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home