Wednesday, May 11, 2005

I need your help

Ever since moving to land where nothing happens after 7 PM teh wife and I rent movies, pretty much every night, with the possible exception of Pistons games. Sadly we haven't seen a decent movie in a long time. Last night we watched Birth, starring nichole Kidman, it was brutal, little dialouge no background music, rterrible ending. It's one of those artsy movies I guess taht will forever be dissected in a classsroom. The night before that we saw Ladykillers, Tom Hanks, another crappy movie. Even if teh movie didn't suck Tom Hanks annoying accent would make me hate it anyways. before that it was on to anikated films, Shark Tale and Ice Age, These movie had their moments, but they are movies that should be seen with kids and enjoyed that way. I think teh last decent movie we saw was Dodgeball, which in my opinion is a great movie. I think tonght (Depending on our plans for the Pistons game) we may see Oceans's 11 which will propell us to see Ocean's 12
I need your comments on this one people, what are some good movies to rent that don't suck

8 Comments:

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Heidi said...

meet the Fockers was really funny... finding neverland was good... but a little depressing. We are alittle behind in the movie department. good luck though. Movies these days are mostly just bad.

 
At 8:33 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I think tommorow I am going to watch teh Meet teh Fockers while Nat makes shabbos. Natalie watched Finding Neverland during a recent drive to Detroit. She liked it but doubted I would.

 
At 11:39 PM, Blogger stillruleall said...

We watched Million Dollar Baby the other day. i fell asleep, but Shany said it was good...Also Monster. Monster was weird but you might like it

 
At 8:04 AM, Blogger Menachem said...

i just watched any given sunday... really a great movie.

also, you could pull a david and watch almost famous a hundred billion gazillion times

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Hmmm...renting movies is a toughy, bc it always depends on what you're in the mood for at that particular time. I did not like Monster. It was messed up. If you're in the mood for something serious, though, it's something for you. I would recommend Kill Bill, Vol 1 but not Vol 2. The first one's a lot better and funnier than the second one. I fell asleep during the 2nd one. Ummm...Can't go wrong with the classics, like Braveheart or Saving Private Ryan. Although, those are pretty long movies. The Last Samurai's good. Ocean's 12 was not very good, and, for some reason, the camera work was very much like it was in The Blair Witch Project. It looked like an amateur shot the movie. I was nausciated by the end of it, and there was absolutely no plot. Can't go wrong with The Incredibles, even though it is an animated film. It's still very funny, with sophisticated humor. The problem is there haven't been that many good movies that have come our lately. I hear Friday Night Lights is supposed to be a good movie and an excellent sports movie. Any Given Sunday, like menachem said, is also a really great sports movie. Spiderman 2's good. Ummm...I know I've put a lot of suggestions in here. Hope they help. If not, find some-one with a decent DVD collection. Happy hunting...

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Chai18 said...

hotel Rwanda, finding neverland, napoleon dynamite, house of flying daggers, barton fink

 
At 4:47 PM, Blogger Veev said...

Alright, dear.

How about Rudy, Almost Famous, Some Like it Hot, Grease.

Classics...

 
At 7:47 AM, Blogger Yishai said...

TRUE LIES!!!

The most awesome movie that can be rented and watched 30 times without getting boring. I know, I've done it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home