Friday, September 05, 2008

Goodbye Detroit, we'll miss you

Well Nat and I decided that we couldn't live in an area where Kwame has no control (although he's been out of control for a while) so yesterday we left Detroit. Detroit, really Oak Park and Southfield, is the only place I've ever really called home. I was born there and, with the exception of high school and part of college, lived there my whole life.

Leaving was definitley difficult, I certinaly didn't shed as many tears as Brett Favre did when he thought he was done playing football, but I'd be lying if I said I was dry eyed the whole way. I'll miss my family, friends, house and the comfort level that I felt there.

As Nat said on teh way to airport, It's been a good run, but now we are moving on

5 Comments:

At 2:14 PM, Blogger O's fan said...

Kilpatrick's gone, but Brown's now got it under control.

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Have a safe trip, and see ya soon!
-OC

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

I forgot about the other Kwame, hopefully he won't have such a bad impact on Detroit

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger The Zwicker said...

How could leave you just when the Lions were starting another promising season?

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

ya know, I called O's fan before take off, as the falcons scored their 3rd TD in the first quarter and I thought, I'm glad I got teh slingbox so I can see this trainwreck for another year

 

Post a Comment

<< Home