Monday, September 01, 2008

Happy Birthday

Today was Jonahs 4th birthday and as tradition dictates we had a great shared party with one of his best friends whose birthday is in 2 weeks. Their first party was kind of insane, there's a good chance that it was bigger then his bar mitzvah will be, this year we toned it down a bit.

We had the party at a nearby park, the kids loved it, it was kind of bitter sweet, seeing him running and playing with his friends, But knowing this is probably the last he'll play with many of his friends, pretending to be Buzz Lightyear and calling Sammy, Baby Buzz.

I know he'll make friends fast in Israel, but I still feel bad for taking him from his friends. I think one of the reasons Jonah leaving his friends is one of the hardest aspects of this for, is that most of his friends parents are close friends of mine and Nats, and I remember them being born. At the time I imagined that we would all grow up together, we'd hang out and our kids would hang out. that was one of the reasons I shot down the Aliyah idea a few years ago. For the most part, I know that even if we stayed that wouldn't happen now, because some of our friends are planning or hoping to leave anyway, some to Israel and some just away from here, but I've always like that thought.

Anyway, back to the Birthday day
Then we spent the rest of teh afternoon having fun in the pool with his cousins and ended the day the way every holiday should end, with a great BBQ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home