Saturday, September 13, 2008

Ariel restaraunt review

So far we've eaten out most meals, mostly because we have no way of cooking food at our apartment yet.

The Pizza shop, this is one of 3 pizza shops I believe, but it's the only one we've been at. I'm not sure of the name, but it's located in the Mercaz (shopping district) in the older section of town. The pizza is really good, One slice is about the size of a Personal pizza at Jerusalem pizza (in Detroit) A large plain cheese cost 55 shekel and the delievry is free.
I almost ordered on the phone, but then once they answered the phone and said something in hebrew, I tossed the phone to a friend and had him make the order.

Then we ate a Shwarma/Falafel place, also in the Mercaz, and like the pizza shop, no idea what the name is. The food was really good, and the guy who runs the place seemed nice. I had a shwarma in a laffa, and Jonah had a piece a of shnitzel that tasted really good. Nat and Sammy had teh falafel, Nat said she thinks it was good. And Sammy was cinfused because he said ball and threw it, but we told him to eat it. He had a few bites and seemed to enjoy it.

Finally, there is the Schnitzelaria (or something like that but in Hebrew) This place reminds me of subway but with schnitzel, you can poick what kind you want, I had Italian, then you pick your salads, dressings and other stuff, and it goes on a freshly baked subway. I would have guessed it's a footlong, but they don't measure stuff in feet here, so maybe it was 30 centimeter sub. They are located next door to our apartment and a sandwich only cost 20 shek. The down side is there isn't an English menu, so I just guessed at the chicken I wanted.

There are still more places that we have to check out, I hear this place called BA-BA- GRILL is really good.

5 Comments:

At 3:36 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Did the chicken you ordered taste good even though you weren't sure what you ordered? Also, a small piece of advice. Only Americans say shek, especially Seminary and Yeshiva people. Israelis don't say it. It's either Shekel or Sh'kalim.
-OC

 
At 3:49 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

Lucky for me I'm an American and on my blog I can say it however I want. And yes the chicken tasted fine

 
At 10:37 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

No, I know. I wasn't dissing you or anything. I was just mentioning that in public and stuff, that it sounds weird to Israelis to hear the word shek. They don't use that slang. I'm just trying to give you the benefit of experience. Not trying to be condescending or anything like that.
-OC

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

and I'm just saying that is fine with me, thank you for your concern and all:)

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tal Burgers are fantastic. You just have to get used to Kaiser roll buns rather than... the white-bread Burger King-ish type buns.

Pizza Express is the place in the Merkaz. Pretty good for Israeli pizza.

Near you is Pizza Kid. Less good than Pizza Express and way more expensive. We found that out the hard way.

If the shawarma/shnitzel place you mentioned in the Merkaz is the one we go to, their shnitzels are amazing.

And this Shabbat we noticed a new Yemenite restaurant is due to open soon near the Chabad House. Maybe we'll make a double date and try it out. We'll provide the babysitter :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home