Sunday, April 01, 2007

David Stern on Michael Ray Robinson

Just read this quote in the Daily Dime on ESPN.COM..It's David Stern, NBA Commish on Michael Ray Robinson's "anti-Semitic" comments.

"My reaction is that if I were the commissioner [of the CBA], for the inappropriate and insensitive remark he made about gays, I would have suspended him," Stern said by phone Friday.
"But I have no doubt that Micheal Ray is not anti-Semitic. I know that he's not. A number of his children happen to be Jewish. He has a former Jewish wife. He may have exercised very poor judgment [in what he said], but that does not reflect Micheal Ray Richardson's feelings about Jews."
Let me add a little-known fact. The first country Richardson played in after his banishment from the NBA? You guessed it: Sugar had a brief stint in Israel with the tiny club Hapoel Ramat Gan.

Just out of curiosity, what is a "Former Jewish Wife"

2 Comments:

At 5:38 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

This reminds me of the "Seinfeld" where Jerry's dentist convert to Judaism, and Jerry thinks its just for the jokes.

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger The Zwicker said...

I assume that "Former Jewish Wife" means a Jewish woman who was formerly his wife, not a wife who was formerly Jewish. Now give me a shtickel of flouride.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home