Monday, February 26, 2007

How sweet it is

They (whoever they are) say the first victory is the toughest, I hope that is true. After an 0-8 start in my XBOX Live Madden 06 career I finally got a W. It wasn't easy, but thanks to an interception returned for a TD I squeaked out an 11-7 victory.

I was the Bengals going up against the Raiders - Early on I was able to run the ball, but I had no passing game. My opponent game plan early on was to keep on tossing to Randy Moss, for the most part I held my own, I double teamed Moss, and played a deep zone. He did beat me deep one time for a TD, and I was down 7-0. Early in the second quarter, I punted to Moss, and he was injured during the return, unable to return. Offensively the other guy done, he had no running game, and I was shutting down his passing game. But I still couldn't score, and we went to the half 7-0.

In the 3rd quarter I broke a big run, knocked out of bounce at the 7 yard line. On the ensuing play I rolled to my right, and tossed a pass into the front of the end zone, it was picked off, but I guess just outside the end zone, and I tackled him in the end zone for a safety. Now I'm down 7-2 with the ball, and feeling pretty good about myself. Sadly, I didn't score on the next possession and the score held at 7-2 until about a minute left in the game.

1st down, he ran the ball, I stopped him called a TO
2nd down, assuming he was going to continue to run the ball, I packed 8 guys in the box, he was in goal line formation. He called a play action passing play, luckily I didn't have an all out blitz on - He tossed it up, I came down with it, and returned it 45 yards for a TD- I went for 2 and didn't convert- I'm up 8-7

He got the ball with 25 seconds, and due to bad kick on my oart, that went directly out of bounds, he started at the 40. But I held him to a three and out. Then I got the ball back, ran three times, he called TO with each one, 5 seconds left, I kicked a field goal to seal the game at 11-7.

If you're still reading this I'm impressed by your dedication - and I don't imagine that I will detail each of my XBOX LIVE victories, I'm just excited by my first one.

If you have XBOX Live Madden 06 let me know, we can play my gamertag is Shnat

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 3:19 AM, Blogger 2R said...

you're truly scary :)

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

But I was playing a real person, not the computer, so it's not as scary

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Yishai said...

You keep on referring to your "opponent", but never told us who it was.

Admit it. You beat Jonah, and are rubbing his face in it.

Truth be told, I'm kinda disappointed in Jonah's strategy of always going to Randy Moss. He should know better.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

It wasn't Jonah- it was an online opponent, I don't know his name, but he goes by the DirtyTuna

 

Post a Comment

<< Home