Thursday, March 22, 2007

This afternoon I got a notice from my computer that it was infected with terrible virus, and I should click on the icon - which would download the latest spyware detection program. Always teh obedient one, I clicked on the icon, and next thing I knew, spy-sheriff opened on my computer, ran a quick scan and found 199 high risk adware's. Next I clicked on the button for fixing the problems. In order for this program to actually do me any good, I would have to buy it.

I already have a ad aware on my computer, so I ran that to see if it found the same issues - it didn't. It came up with the same 24 issues it always finds. Next I ran Norton, which interestingly found one problem, and it was the spy sheriff program, which it deleted, and now everything is fine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home