Monday, October 17, 2005

Humpty Dumpty

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall
Humpty Dumpty had a big fall
All the kings horses and all teh kings men
couldn't put Humpty together again

But a kindly old Doctor with patience and glue
put Humpty together, together as new.

Raise your hands if you have heard that ending before? I was reading Jonah this ryhme from some book we have, and I was shocked that it didnt have this ending. I asked Nat about it and she never heard it end this way. I asked a few more people and they too never knew it ended this way. So I called my Mom to see if she knew what was up, and where I heard this ending from.

She told me that when she had read it in one of my dads medical journals, from when he was in med school, and so thats how she told it to us.

4 Comments:

At 5:20 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

Well, the Humpty Dumpty and Rock A Bye Baby rhymes are both about the British political systems, so I doubt that's the ending. Those British really got us. How many of have done "Ring Around the Rosy"? That's about the Black Plague, for crying out loud! They sure got us...
-OC

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger 2R said...

I heard it that way, of course we have the same Mom...I thought that was everyone's ending until Aviva ruined it for me...

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Rolling hills of green said...

Hello, where have you been!! We all know this already. Maybe it takes a child to teach.

 
At 6:48 AM, Blogger Veev said...

Sorry, I am the realist...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home