Thursday, October 06, 2005

Crappy ending or crappy start?

Rosh Hashana is a time when our fate for the New Year is decided. But what about what happens on Rosh Hashana, is that from last years decree or from that day?

I ask because I'm curious `as to how to take my Rosh Hashana day.

We had new water in our basement, not from the side where we put dirt and planted grass. This water was coming up from the middle of the floor, where we have a drain. Our neighbors said this happened to them, and it's a sewer back-up. There was a fear of using the bathroom over the holiday at my house, because who wants it to come up in the basement?

Around 3:00 AM the first night (morning) the TV turned on really loud, and not on ESPN, but on TBS. Once I realized that I didn't roll on the remote, I realized that the day before I took a nap, and set the TV to wake me up at 3:00, what I didn't realize is that I set it for 3:00 AM not PM. The reason it was on TBS, and not ESPN, is at 3:00 PM on TBS is the Drew Carey show, which is one of my favorite shows.

I went and got Jonah out of bed, and had him turn off the TV. In case you were curious there was nothing good on, some movie was ending, I think it was Encino Man.

At about ten minutes to 8 that morning the phone started ringing. I checked the caller ID and it was from a school district that I had been speaking with. I figured it had to be a fax since that's the only way they would have that number. The fax machine wasn't turned on over Yom Tov and they wouldn't give up, they tried to fax that paper for about an hour. and then again in the afternoon. Last night i checked our answering machine, and I had 18 missed calls. 16 of them were loud beeping noises.

So did I end the year n a crappy note, or did it start on a crappy note?>

1 Comments:

At 2:57 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I agree with Krunk. The second Yom Kippur ends is really when the new year begins, because your fate for the year has been sealed then. so, I would say that it just ended on a sour note. Maybe, you're actually getting rewarded by having the crappy things happen between Rosh Hashana and Yom Kippur, and then it's over. Who knows? But, I think it's cool.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home