Thursday, October 06, 2005

Answer- Good start

I called the plumber today and he came to look at our basement. he scared the crap out of me initially, when he said we probably have a busted pipe, and he'd have to bust up the floor and replace it. Told me the cost would range from 500 to 2000 bucks depending on where the break is. Then he eased my fears by letting me know that the insurance company would cover most of it, not the plumbing, but the breaking and replacing of the floor.

Things looked a little better

then they got much better- he noticed that my sump-pump wasn't on, so he restarted it, and all the water drained immediately. What must have happened is the pump got clogged and backed everything up. no need to destroy the basement, and what was on the floor wasn't sewage.

I guess god played a practical joke on me to start off the new year---HA HA

3 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Blogger BStrong said...

That's good news since your office is down there. I could just see you calling clients with a jack hammer going in the background.
B

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Just Shu said...

While he was snaking the hole, and cleaning up the water, I had to go upstairs to speak with clients, or potential clients.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

See?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home