Sunday, October 19, 2008

Ikea






The last time I went to Ikea was in the New Jersey, before Nat and I got married and I was pretty that when bad people die they have to spend eternity at an Ikea, of course, I felt like I had just spent an eternity there.

So I was not that excited when Nat really wanted to go to Ikea in Netanya, but I'm a team player so I went. We had heard there was a kosher restaurant there, but I assumed that there was no sukkah. I was pleasantly surprised when we saw a big sukkah right in front of the store.

A few minutes after we got to the top level someone came and asked me if I davened mincha yet, I hadn't so I went to the Ikea shul, it may have been nicer that my shul in Ariel. There were two cabinets of sefarim, probably for the guys who are dragged to the store, but manage to sit and and learn.

I saw a sign in the shul that said there are 4 kosher mehadrim (the best kind of kosher) and the strictest laws of Shmitta. I was excited, I can take a break from all the shopping and eat.

The food was good, we had chicken and fries in the sukkah.

Then we went back to the shopping. The second part of the shopping wasn't enjoyable for me, it was the second level looking through the bins. But all in all, it was a nicer experience than my first Ikea trip

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger AP said...

i'm with you on the awful-ness of ikea but that's one thing no one can deny - they know how to get ppl to stay and shop as long as possible! pretty amazing...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home