Thursday, October 09, 2008

The grass is always greener

In theory Yom Kippur was really nice, as far as yom kippur goes, we started at 8:00 and finished Mussaf a little before 1:30. Mincha started at 3:20 and we were done by 6:05.

But most of the time I was missing my old shul in Detroit. I know, if I was in Detroit, I would be annoyed at how long shul lasted, there was too much singing and who knows what else. In reality, whenever I'm in shul here I long for my shul, where i had my seat, I had my friends and I was comfortable.

I haven't quite hit that level of comfort here, I don't have a seat, i kinda bounce around from seat to seat. Shul here just isn't the same,

3 Comments:

At 7:57 AM, Blogger AP said...

you also dont have all your old shmooze-buddies. ;)

 
At 9:18 AM, Blogger O's fan said...

That's right. We finished at 3:30 and mincha was at 4:45. Manny only did Neila. Very different lineup this year.

 
At 10:55 AM, Blogger Just Shu said...

you can't underestimate the shmooze-buddy factor. Even though you are in shul longer, it doens't feel as long.

O's fan who else davened? Dr Ungar and Jose? the Chazan?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home