Saturday, September 20, 2008

I hurt all over

I went to high school near Pittsburgh, and because of that I spent many a Shabbat in Pittsburgh. I swore that I would never move there because of all the hills. The thought of having to walk up uphill wherever I went was not one I wanted to imagine. And we never to Pittsburgh- We lived in a suburb for a few months, but it's important to note that that is a flat suburb.

So who would have thunk, that one day we decided to up and move to Israel, and we would pick a city, a lovely city, where I have to go uphill all the time. Someone told me that it's better this way, because in the mountains the air is much cooler, but still whenever I walk anywhere it uphill, and I have no car.

I woke yesterday so sore, all over, and then on Friday night due to crazy screaming Sammy I went on two long-very late night-walks, I woke up Shabbat morning even more sore. I hurt in places I didn't know you could fell pain. Every step is like a knife stab, I don't know what a knife stab feels like -I'm just drawing a picture here, every time I have to move my warms I wince a bit. And that is with sucking it up:)

A friend tried to tell me that this is a good pain, but he could say that, because he isn't hurting right now.

2 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Just Shu:
Just found this blog and wanted to tell you how much I've enjoyed reading through it. I write a blog about moving to Israel and would love to speak to you about your aliyah. Please let me know and keep up the great blogging work.

Ari

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One more thing. I've posted about you today over at my blog (http://israel.shippingconsolidators.com/movingtoisrael/).
Please give it a read and, again, hope to hear from you.
Ari

 

Post a Comment

<< Home