Thursday, September 17, 2009

is this an "only in Israel" story

Everyone has these story that can "only happen in Israel" except me. I might have one now. you be the judge.
I tremped (hitched) home yesterday, and it was a two-parter, I got a ride from Jerusalem to Ofra (about halfway between Ariel and J'lem) and then from Ofra I got a ride home. As I entered Ariel, I realized that I didn't have my cell, I feared that I somehow left it in the first car.

When I got home, I called the phone, and the driver picked it up, and said she found teh phone in her car, I told her I was person who left it there, and when can I pick it up. Our schedules didn't mesh, so she said she'd leave it with the guard at the entrace to the yishuv.
This morning I tremped to Ofra, and got my phone.

I told someone this story and he said, "only in Israel" I'm not sure I agree that the same thing wouldn't happen elsewhere. Generally people who pick up hitchhikers are good people, unless they like to hack people up and harvest their organs, and they would get me my phone back.
Your thoughts.....

3 Comments:

At 2:27 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I think the hitch-hiking is "only in Israel", or at least definitely NOT in the states. I don't think the phone thing is an "only in Israel" thing.

My cell phone dropped out of my pocket on 34th St and Park Ave in Manhattan. Some random business guy walking to Grand Central picked it up, called my parents to tell them that he found my phone, and they told me. The guy not only mailed the phone back to me first class, but he also bubble wrapped it to make sure it didn't break.
-OC

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger AP said...

that's a cool story, oc, and having happened in nyc makes it even better!

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Olah Chadasha said...

I know. I figured my parents were calling me to tell me that Sprint had called them to let me know that hundreds of dollars worth of long distance calls or something were made in the two hours it was missing.
-OC

 

Post a Comment

<< Home