Thursday, January 20, 2005

Just one of those days

Today was one of those days, the kind of day where you don’t get dressed until 7 o'clock, and only then because you go out to eat dinner, The kind of day where things don’t go your way.

Everything started out great, I woke up a little after 9, Jonah was still sleeping, and as far as I was concerned he slept through the night. Nat doesn’t remember that night, she claims he cried at around 3 or 4, but like they say, if a tree falls and no one is around does it make a noise?

Anyway, Nat left the house this morning at around 9:45, and wasn’t supposed to be home until after five, which meant I was spending the whole day with the kid, and no car, at home.

Around 11:50 Nat called from the road, she was having car trouble, would it be possible for me to somehow help her out, as i mentioned before i had no car, so i would have to find a car and go out to where she was and help out. I put Jonah down on the couch in his boppy pillow, and he wasn’t exactly thrilled about it, so he started whining, but I chose to allow him to whine, while I went in search of my cell phone, so I could call someone with a car to help out Nat.

I couldn't find my cell phone, so I went back to the living room, where Jonah was on the couch, or least that’s where he was when I left the room, when I came back, he was on the floor, on his stomach, bleeding like crazy from his head, OK i made up that last part, he was on the floor, crying a little bit, around one of his toys. I wasn't there so I can’t say for sure, but I think he wanted his toys so badly that he decided it was worth the fall. Nothing broke, he didn’t even get a scratch, but he was whiny all day long. Which of course made for a long and not so much fun day? I did get in two games of XBOX basketball, both of which I won, and saw one bad movie on HBO, but everything was interrupted by the boy.

Finally Natalie came home from work, and decided that we should do dinner with our friends AP and Adina, since they are leaving us for six months, we ordered Pizza and spent the evening with them. The only downside to going out, was it meant I had to put on some clothes, so finally at around 7:10 PM I got dressed, and went outside.

Just so you know I'm not a total bum, I do have a job, but it doesn’t start for another couple of weeks, till then, I only work a few days a week at the Pizza shop. But that’s another story for another blog.....
Good Night all


At 2:13 AM, Blogger 2R said...

I think David is king of those days...last week he got dressed at 10:30 to meet friends with his wife at 11...PM


Post a Comment

<< Home